Why Use a Buyers Agent?
Here are some Facts and Myths:
- A Buyers Agent, will cost us money!
Having a Buyers Agent Doesn't cost you anything! How's that? The Sellers Agent agrees to share part of his commission with a Buyers Agent (called co-broking), costing you Nothing!
- Going directly to the Listing (Sellers) Agent will get us a better deal.
I hear this one a lot, The Listing(sellers) Agent works for the Seller, whose best interest are they looking out for? you or his client?
Let's say that you are pre-approved for x amount and you want to make an offer considerably lower, you go directly to the sellers agent to make an offer, they will ask you if you are pre-approved(as I would) you say yes you hand them the pre-approval from the bank listing how much you are pre-approved for, you have just disclosed to the agent what your top range (highest amount) you can afford, do you think he will work hard to get you the best price? How can they negotiate the best price with the seller(Their Client) now that they know your financials.
By utilizing a buyers agent your financials are kept confidential allowing us to negotiate the best price.
- Having a Buyers Agent will raise the price of the Home due to the Homeowner having to pay a Buyers Agent Fee/Commission.
A Buyers Agent does not cost the Homeowner money!
Here is How it works: Let's say the Sellers agent is paid X% commission to sell the home, that commission is usually split with the buyers agent so the property owner still pays the same rate.
I am Proud to say that I am a Certified Buyer Representative
Here are the Facts:
- Only a Certified Buyer Representative (often called a Buyer's Agent) can GUARANTEE to represent you in
your home purchase.
- Only a CBR can GUARANTEE to negotiate on your behalf.
- A CBR provides the true facts as to value,market/neighborhood conditions, and obvious physical defects.
- The high level of negotiation training and expertise of a CBR truly levels the playing when it is time to make an offer on a property.
- Because a CBR only represents buyers, a seller is always unaware of the price buyers are willing to spend during the negotiation process, bringing the advantage back to the buyer and the buyer's wallet. For this reason alone, it is
very common to save thousands of dollars during the critical negotiation process.
- A CBR will insist that the buyer utilize a qualified home inspector who will treat the buyer as their
client, and not as a customer.
- Listing agents (the ones with the sign in the front yard) and the company that they work for represent the SELLER, not the buyer. Their job is to get the SELLER the highest price on the best terms.
- A CBR's job is to get the BUYER the lowest price on the best terms.
- CBR's will do a better job for transferees that anyone else. They will give you the facts, good and bad.
- A listing agent cannot tell you about many things that would be detrimental for the BUYER because they work for the SELLER.
- A CBR will help you with your financing alternatives. They may advise you to be pre-approved by a lender. Why? Because a fully approved loan makes you a cash buyer.
- CBR's have a legal and ethical obligation to put your interests first!
- It just makes sense!
Contact Us Today